Monday, August 12, 2013

The Overlook Theatre August Line Up

          For all of the locals that commonly frequent the Overlook, here are some films showing this month. Mind you there are no dates for any of these films, short notice planning will win in the end so contact me if you find yourself not wanting to miss a particular screening.


First up is a Double Feature about gamers...



Part 1 of the Double feature is "Unicorn City" a dramady about gamers (not Halo gamers, D&D gamers), unlike the 99% of films involving people playing D&D "Unicorn City" is worth a once over. I know that's not saying much but I'm willing to rewatch it and that says alot.




Part 2 of the Double Feature will be "The Wild Hunt" a very dark drama about kids LARPing as a way to escape reality. I have also seen this film before and loved it, Highly recommend this one.



"A disturbed and delusional high school student with aspirations of a career in medicine goes to extremes to earn to earn the approval of her controlling mother.".
I havent seen this one yet but I just love visual naritives and ive heard alot of people whine about how this film is to "artsy", when people cry about it being "artsy" I can't help but get excited.




And just because things started feeling to serious I thought bring William Shatner out would brighten up the mood. "Head of the Family" is a Full Moon favorite of many and yet another I have not seen but this film should be at least entertaining.



And you guys voted for him so the Arnold Double feature should take place towards the end of August. Vote on the new poll to pick your favorite Arnold films!

1 comment:

  1. I can't seem to locate Hercules in New York or Batman and Robin on the list.

    ReplyDelete