Saturday, April 2, 2016

Creepy PastaMania!















Welcome back, pasta fans! The day is still young and the pasta is hot, so stay a while. This week, we'll take in a short from the Dreams and Madness subcategory. 


The Soft Nowhere
(Pasta Served Here)


Genre: Dreams and Madness

Author: Traumatized Kitten

Reading Time: 4 minutes, 14 seconds

Synopsis: It's the end of the world as we know it...

Creepiness
(How Scary)

Pasta Quality
(How Well Written)

Okay, I have a confession. The first paragraph of this story made me want to stop reading. Something about that self-aware introduction and the child's voice was off putting to me, but I read on, hoping to be pleasantly surprised. In the end, it felt like the child narrator was a device for not having a full explanation for what was happening. But the writing quality did get better. And there were several instances where a childish description worked much better than an over worded one would have. And I think posting this story on New Year's Eve was a very smart play. And the mention of Y2K being just 15 years ago was a cleaver way to tie the year down without outright saying it. In the end, I think my main problem with this story was that the end was so anticlimactic, but it was worth reading for the out of the box descriptions. 


- Huntress

No comments:

Post a Comment