Sunday, September 4, 2016

The Overlook Theatre Reivews: 13 Cameras

of 5 viewers "Liked" "13 Cameras" (2016, USA)
Here's what the creatures had to say:

Clark Little - "This is what I'd like to call a "Meat Loaf Movie"; I like the individual ingredients that are used, but when it's all put together, it's an unappetizing mess. The characters are ultimately boring and unlikable. The villain, Neville Archambault, is the only reason why I kept watching. It's his movie and his creepiness is the only engaging aspect of the movie." - 2.5 Stars

Lord Battle - "13 Cameras should have been a found footage film. There is an unspoken contract you sign when you put on a found footage film, which stems from the understanding that something bad will happen to the protagonist (since you are essentially watching all that's left of a tragedy). In a way this justifies annoying, unlikable main characters, whose lack of acting ability can be misinterpreted for some type of postmodern realism. Now to be fair, I am a found footage nerd and I would have loved to see this script live up to its full potential. I mean the "land lord's closet" turning out to be a hidden basement would have been an amazing reveal to capture on a handheld camera! Oh well." - 2 Stars

Book Wyrm - "I thought this movie was very suspenseful. Although the acting was sub par, the story was good enough to keep me invested, and the dog was cute enough to make me care. All in all I don't think I'd watch this again but I don't regret watching it either." - 3 Stars

Dabbles - "I usually find the good side of everything, so here's the only thing that made the movie bearable: the performances from the actors. The main antagonist is so visually well done that I really hated this movie. It was so textbook in the plot points that it could have probably been a "suspense for dummies" handbook. The plot is straight forward, easy to see, but what makes this even more lackluster is the actual reactions and plotting of the characters themselves. Very illogical choices for this movie. Other than that, the cinematography was well done but even that's too polished for my taste." - 2 Stars (Really disliked it)

The Great Hornito - "13 Cameras made me feel extremely uncomfortable and even scared in some parts. By the end of the film I personally wanted to kill the land lord. I've never hated a character so much. I would have loved to choke that bastard out. But what does this film have to do with 13 cameras?" - 3.5 Stars



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*
(Below is for after you've seen the film)

If 13 Cameras wasn't enough CCTV action for you, check out some of what YouTube has to offer:






- Lord Battle

The Overlook Theatre materialized in a residence for a screening on 8/27/2016
*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment