Saturday, February 20, 2016

Creepy PastaMania!



Hello, Ice Giant back this week. I apologize for falling asleep on my throne for the second time since I started writing this. I'll try my best to not make it a habit.
 The stories this week are going to be from the Wiki site. I read most of my stories off of Creepypasta.com but the wiki has a much much better search option and it also has pasta of the month and contest winner pasta tags that you can click and automatically be brought to a list of some of the best stories on the site. This week I'm going to show you a few stories that have been Pasta of the month before on the wiki. I've found some of my very favorite stories on the wiki page and for people new to Creepypasta, it is a very good way to find great stories without having to wade through crap.


The Disappearance of Ashley, Kansas

Author: Unknown

Genre: Kinda hard for me to place the genre. It's listed as Lovecraftian so we'll go with that.

Reading Time: 5-10 min

Synopsis: The town of Ashley, Kansas and its population completely vanished after an earthquake in 1952

Creepiness
(How Scary)

Pasta Quality
(How well Written)

I honestly can't figure out why this story unnerves me so much, but it really really does. Especially the little burned boy coming into the house to find his mom... Usually stuff like that doesn't move me, but just the idea of a small town vanishing. Then communicating for a little while, just to describe all the horrible things that are happening before being sucked into hell... This story just freaks me out. "The Disappearance of Ashley, Kansas" was the very first Pasta of the Month I read on the wiki and I was hooked after that. The PotM list was pretty small back then and I still ended up stuck on the site for the rest of the night.
------------------------------

Abandoned By Disney

Author: SlimeBeast

Genre: Abandoned/Haunted place

Reading Time: 10 -15 min

Synopsis: An Urban explorer searches a closed down Disney amusement park and stumbles upon more then he bargained for.

Creepiness
(How Scary)

Pasta Quality
(How Well Written)

I like this story but it doesn't creep me out that much. The author does a great job of describing the place and making it feel like we are actually exploring right there with him. "Abandoned by Disney" was for sure added with KillDozer in mind, as he is a big time Disney enthusiast (so I guess showing him a story where bizzaro Mickey rips his own head off might not be such a good idea, but to late now!). 
------------------------------

PenPal

Author: 1000Vultures

Genre: Horror

Reading time: 45 - 60 minutes+

Synopsis: A kid is tormented for years by a mysterious stranger

Creepiness
(How Scary)

Pasta Quality
(How Well Written)

Penpal is one of the success stories from Creepypasta. It was originally posted on Reddits /nosleep and has actually been turned into a real book. I hear that it doesn't translate well into novel form and I have no idea how much money the guy has made off of it but I still consider being published a success. As for the actual story, it's very creepy... Kinda makes you think about how vulnerable you were as a kid and how fucked up some people can be.



Sneak Peek
Next week I'm planning to write about all the famous Creepypasta characters. I'll be explaining the origins of characters like Slenderman and Jeffthekiller and sharing my favorite stories that have been written about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment