Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Retard-O Tron 3, Preserving History

5 of 6 viewers "Liked" "Retard-O Tron 3" (Canada, 2013)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

Lord Battle - "Cinema Sewer's masterful clipshow is not for the faint of heart but if you fancy yourself a collector (much like the ones in V/H/S & V/H/S 2) "Retard-O Tron 3" is the mother load." - 5 Stars

The Berkeley Blazer - "Do not be fooled by the trio of stars, this film is devastatingly (in many sense of the word) entertaining and edited by a master. A dizzying flurry of obscene vulgarity and repulsive imagery pummel the viewer into guilty titters and guffaws, and when it ends you wont believe you've watched the entire thing." - 3 Stars

Huntress - "This was (almost) equal parts cringe-worthy clips I never needed to experience and fragments of cult cinema gold." - 3 Stars

Math Mage - "I'd have given 5 stars but I can't recommend it to any other human being." - 4 Stars

Ice Giant - "Going for shock value in the internet age is 20 years to late for the most part was just a bore." - 1 1/2 Stars

The Great Hornito - "I was scared that I was gonna be offended by this movie but I was entertained throughout this crazy shocking clipshow." - 3 1/2 Stars



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*
Screening Retard-O Tron 3 was a lot of fun. I pretty much kept the citizens in the dark about what this movie was about, telling them that with an open mind would be the only way to view this film. I think I got them a little scared of what might be on this Cinema Sewer mix tape. Still, no one could have guessed what this experience would really hold...
3.5 stars and 6 viewers liking the film is a lot more than I would have guessed. I actually thought I might make people think less of me for screening this film at a BBQ but to my surprise it went over incredibly well (with 1 exception). "Retard-O tron 3" is actually the third installment of clipshows to come from Cinema Sewer. The clips aren't your typical YouTube hits, in fact they range from very adult to plain wacky. I personally love the all the strange sources of their videos including local access TV, home videos, and mall quality music videos.
The icing on the cake is definitely the masterful editing job this film boasts. From the order of clips, to the music playing, to the parody videos, Retard-O tron never drags or gets boring. The only reasons I can imagine people not enjoying this film would have to be from getting offended or just considering this as a lowbrow waste of time. I honestly think if you love film you should be able to appreciate what Cinema Sewer did here, which is share and preserve some truly odd and rare footage.
If you are thinking of screening this yourself be careful - 1 scene in this film had me feeling nauseous and that has never happened. Also this film had people laughing so hard they started to tear up. I guess Robin Bougie said it best; "You'll find out who your real friends are".
-Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment