Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Redd INC" aka "Inhuman Resources"

6 of 6 viewers "Liked" "Redd INC" (2012, Japan)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

Lord Battle - "Redd is a classic slasher in the making, let's just hope for a couple sequels." - 4 Stars

Brewha - "Looking for justice in the most twisted way." - 5 Stars

The Berkeley Blazer - "I might describe it, if I were aiming for banality, as Jonathan Swift and the producers of "Saw" teaming up to make a horror movie. But that would do justice neither to Swift nor this charming satire whose Savinian-special effects managed to evoke welcomed revulsion in my desensitized palette, Loved it!" - 4 Stars

Ice Giant - "Very original idea with the potential to make an iconic slasher if they make more. The knife hand is awesome." - 5 Stars

The Great Hornito - "Very suspenseful. A cool mix of a slasher, thriller, mystery movie." - 4 Stars

Huntress - "All of the violent office-work related day dreams I could ever have were fulfilled by this movie." - 5 Stars   



The Overlook Theatre Final Review*
I wrote up some thoughts on this film a while back you can find that post here. For now I will say that I have been trying to come up with a name for the horror sub genre I think this film falls in but that is for another post too. So with that said, let me change the subject a bit and talk about how well this went over with the Overlook Theatre's citizens.
I'm surprised how well this movie was rated overall, not because I thought this film wasn't deserving but because no matter how good a horror movie is some people still rate it low. I won't call out any of the creatures that fancy themselves reviewers but I will say The Berkeley Blazer really surprised me with his kind words directed at the legendary Tom Savini, whom made his return to horror with this lovely film, and believe me it shows.
The American packaging of "Inhuman Resources" is pretty misleading and feels like it belongs on an up beat indie horror/comedy. That isn't very far off but just doesn't do this film justice. I would have liked to see a simple cover littered with taglines like all of our reviews feature. Still, Fangoria obviously trusts that their name will sell any film, which in this case it did. I literally purchased this film at full price because they put their logo all over it and added a mini Fangoria magazine. I have to say I am incredibly satisfied with my purchase, even though I would have appreciated some extra features. My parting words tonight are to please check this film out; Redd is an awesome character with a refreshingly original story, concept, and direction, so give him a chance and hopefully he'll come back again and again like the many other slashers we love so dearly.
- Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment