Monday, October 21, 2013

Insidious

7 of 8 viewers "Liked" "Insidious" (2010, USA)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

Lord Battle - "This film is like "From Dusk Till Dawn" in the way it feels like two movies with an obvious transition point, just directed by Wan & Rami, not a bad thing. In fact I'll go as far to say James Wan has proven he is one of the new masters of horror." - 4 Stars

Ice Giant - "I enjoyed it even more the second time around, especially in an actual movie theater. Even knowing when the jump scares were going to happen didn't stop me from jumping each time." - 5 Stars

Brewha - "Genuinely frightening concept that had me at the edge of my seat." - 5 Stars

The Great Hornito - "I didn't like it at first but the second time around was much better. Really cool how it's like two different movies in one." - 3 1/2

Huntress - "Two different kinds of startling ghost movies sandwiching a somewhat jarring transition." - 4 1/2 Stars



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*
I guess the Overlook Theatre like's it's campy ghost stories, I'm sure more people would have too but that jarring change of pace at the halfway point really got to people. I personally thought the worst part of the film was when they find the very detailed journal their son has been keeping via crayon drawings. I do hate that almost every time they do that in any film but "Insidious" lead you to believe that they were taken down and hung up in the new house before anyone noticed... It's funny how this film got a really high rating and I end up ranting about it, oh well James Wan will not suffer from my words and I'm sure we will be seeing a lot more films from him in the future.
- Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment