September 20th 2016
Bluray Tuesday returns! This week we're getting some exciting Stephen King films released for the first time on Bluray. It, Salem's Lot and Cat's Eye are all out today in full HD. I'm definitely looking forward to rewatching all of these on Bluray in the near future. Scream Factory releases new horror thriller Sacrifice this week. Sacrifice kept me guessing from beginning to end. It has a few not so great moments but overall I would recommend checking out. The 30th anniversary release of Labyrinth is another highlight of this week and is loaded with new bonus material. Best buy will be carrying a steelbook packaging for this classic film as well. The biggest release this week is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. TMNT2 is a solid sequel and I will for sure add to my collection. Fun film all the way around and they definitely fixed what was not so great about its predesessor. Still not as great as the original two but very entertaining. Target will have a turtle shell packaging and bonus disc as an exclusive, while Best Buy's version is in a steelbook packaging. Disney's Beauty and The Beast is released from the Disney Vault today as the second Signature series title and Target's version will include a storybook packaging. So what will you be buying, renting or skipping this week? Let us know in the comment section, also don't forget to check out out our Instagram and Facebook pages. We love the conversations and talking all things horror. Until next week!
Sacrifice: Amazon - $21.99
Sacrifice is the story of consultant surgeon, Tora Hamilton, who moves with her husband, Duncan, to the remote Shetland Islands, 100 miles off the north-east coast of Scotland. Deep in the peat soil around her new home, Tora discovers the body of a young woman with rune marks carved into her skin and a gaping hole where her heart once beat. Ignoring warnings to leave well alone, Tora uncovers terrifying links to a legend that might never have been confined to the pages of the story-books.
It: Amazon - $14.99
A malevolent force in a small New England town takes the shape of a clown, but he's not clowning around. Instead, he terrifies youngsters and brings some to their untimely doom - until some wily kids fight back. The evil resurfaces 30 years later: meaner, angrier, deadlier. And friends who vividly remember youthful terrors reunite to battle It. Based on the 1986 novel.
- Audio Commentary by Director Tommy Lee Wallace and Actors Dennis Christopher, Tim Reid, John Ritter and Richard Thomas
Salem's Lot: Amazon - $14.99
Based on the Stephen King novel, Ben Mears (David Soul) has returned to his hometown of Salem's Lot to write a book about the supposedly haunted Marsten House that resides on a hill overlooking the small town. His project is curtailed, however, when he finds out that someone has bought the long-empty property. But when people around the Marsten House start dying mysteriously, Mears discovers that the owner of the mansion is actually a vampire who is turning them into an army of undead slaves.
Cat's Eye: Amazon - $14.99
Three tales: A New York smoker turns to a shady self-help operation. An Atlantic City mobster forces his wife's lover to walk the ledge around his apartment high-rise. A young girl has difficulty sleeping. Though her parents suspect the family cat of wrongdoing, the girl knows better after she spots a foot-high troll coming out of her bedroom wall.
Labyrinth: Amazon - $15.99
4K: Amazon - $22.99
Fifteen-year-old Sarah (Jennifer Connelly) is so resentful of her baby brother Toby that she hopes he will just disappear. Her dream becomes reality when goblins kidnap the boy--but Sarah unexpectedly finds herself horrified by the loss. So she sets forth to retrieve him, and finds herself on the adventure of a lifetime. To accomplish her task, she will somehow have to reach the center of the fantastical labyrinth where the wicked Goblin King (David Bowie, who performs two songs) has imprisoned the lad. But the task is easier said than done, for the maze is filled with strange creatures and mind-bending puzzles that confuse the girl. Directed by Jim Henson and penned by Monty Python's Terry Jones, 'Labyrinth' is a distinctive, beautifully designed dark fantasy for all ages.
- 4K Restoration & Dolby Atmos soundtrack (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)
- Blu-ray copy with the film and special features
- ALL-NEW: "The Henson Legacy" Featurette
- Jennifer Connelly and the Henson family talk about the art of puppetry and the magic of Jim Henson, along with a visit to the "Center for Puppetry Arts" featuring The Jim Henson Collection and over 100 puppets from Labyrinth.
- ALL-NEW: Labyrinth Anniversary Q&A
- Hosted by Mythbuster's Adam Savage with participants Brian Henson, David Goelz and Karen Prell, and surprise guest Sheri Weiser.
- ALL-NEW: "The Goblin King" Featurette
- Remembering David Bowie with co-star Jennifer Connelly, and Jim Henson's children Brian Henson and Cheryl Henson.
- The Storytellers (Picture-in-Picture)
- Commentary by Conceptual Designer Brian Froud
- Original Making of Documentary "Inside The Labyrinth"
- "Journey Through the Labyrinth: Kingdom of Characters" Documentary
- "Journey Through the Labyrinth: The Quest for Goblin City" Documentary
- Theatrical Trailer
Steelbook: Best Buy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows: Amazon - $19.99
3D: Amazon - $24.99
4K: Amazon - $27.99
Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo are back to battle bigger, badder villains, alongside April O'Neil and a newcomer: the hockey-masked vigilante Casey Jones. After supervillain Shredder escapes custody, he joins forces with two dimwitted henchmen, Bebop and Rocksteady, to unleash a diabolical plan to take over the world. As the Turtles prepare to take on Shredder and his new crew, they find themselves facing an even greater threat with similar intentions: the notorious Krang. Hailed as "fun from start to finish" (Brian Medina, Movie Pilot), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett, Laura Linney, Stephen Amell, and Tyler Perry in the live action film that is fun for the whole family.
- Feature film in high definition
- We Are Family
- Whoa! Expanding the Turtleverse
- House Party
- It's Tricky: Inside the Van
- ILM—The Effects Beneath the Shell
- Did You Catch That? Turtle Eggs!
- Deleted Scenes
- The Blu-ray 3D disc includes the feature film in high definition and 3D
- All bonus content listed above
- The release includes the feature presented in 4K, Blu-ray with English Dolby Atmos, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.
- Blu-ray copy (as detailed above)
- All bonus content listed above
Steelbook: Best Buy - $19.99
Turtle Shell & Bonus Disc: Target - $19.99
Beauty & The Beast: Amazon - $22.99
In a quaint French village during the late 18th century, Belle, a bright and beautiful young woman, finds escape from her ordinary life, and the advances of a boorish suitor, Gaston, by reading books. Meanwhile, off in a castle in the distance, a cruel young prince is cast under the spell of an enchantress who turns him into a tormented beast, while transforming his servants into animated household objects. In order to remove the curse, the Beast must discover a true love who will return his affection before the last petal falls from an enchanted rose. When Belle’s inventor father stumbles upon the Beast’s castle and is taken prisoner, Belle comes to the rescue and agrees to take her father’s place. With the help of the castle’s enchanted staff, she sees beneath the Beast’s exterior and discovers the heart and soul of a human prince.
Digibook: Target - $22.99
Dead-End Drive-In (1986): Amazon - $29.99
Teenage lovers (Ned Manning, Natalie McCurry) become trapped in a drive-in, prisoners of authority in the 1990s
Neighbors 2: Amazon - $19.99
Now that Mac and Kelly Radner have a second baby on the way, they are ready to make the final move into adulthood: the suburbs. But just as they thought they’d reclaimed the neighborhood and were safe to sell, they learn that the new occupants next door are a sorority even more out of control than Teddy and his brothers ever dreamed of being.
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Nu Neighbors - Neighbors is back with a new direction and plenty of new cast members. Director Nick Stoller and Producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg talk about their initial ideas for the Sorority Rising, the traps they avoided in making their first sequel, and the big differences between the first film and Neighbors 2.
- The Prodigal Bros Return - The not so beloved brothers of Delta Psi return... for a day. We hear from Dave Franco, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jerrod Carmichael and Zac Efron about their day on set while they catch us up on where they've been since the end of Neighbors.
- Girls Rule - Neighbors 2 has added a new threat to Mac and Kelly's household in the form of the Kappa Nu women. Learn more about the experiences of the new women on set.
- The Ultimate Tailgate - A behind-the-scenes look at the tailgate sequence.
- Feature Commentary with Co-writer/director Nicholas Stoller and Producer James Weaver