October 11th 2016
Bluray Tuesday creeps up on us once again, and October continues to release great titles to add to our growing collections. Scream Factory releases not one but two classics as part of their collector's edition line. First up is John Carpenter's The Thing loaded with bonus features and a new scan. Stephen King's Carrie is next up with a massive amount of bonus features both new and old, as well as a new 4k scan. Both of these titles I look forward to double dipping on. One of the most talked about reboots this year Ghostbusters hits shelves today. I love the originals and I don't feel this or any reboot will take away from that. I definitely look forward to checking this out for myself. Best Buy is on a roll with their exclusive steelbooks and Ghostbusters gets two versions, standard bluray and 4K/3D. Love the artwork on these as well. Mel Gibson's latest film Blood Father is another pickup I'm interested in this week, it's got good reviews and I like crime thrillers. So what will you be buying, renting or skipping this week? Let us know in the comments and also check out our Facebook and Instagram pages. There is a lot of things going on this month so check us out for all the updates. until next week!
Ghostbusters (2016): Amazon - $19.99
4K/3D: Amazon - $26.99
Ghostbusters makes its long-awaited return, rebooted with a cast of hilarious new characters. Thirty years after the beloved original franchise took the world by storm, director Paul Feig brings his fresh take to the supernatural comedy, joined by some of the funniest actors working today – Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth. This summer, they're here to save the world!
- Extended Edition (133 minutes) & Theatrical Version (116 minutes)
- 2 Hysterically Haunting Gag Reels
- 4 Unearthed deleted scenes
- 11 Totally Possessed Alternate Scenes and more than 60 minutes of additional extended and alternate scenes with Ultraviolet download
- 6 Jokes-A-Plenty alternate take reels
- 5 Supernatural Featurettes:
- Chris Hemsworth is 'Kevin'
- The Ghosts of Ghostbusters
- Meet the Team
- Visual Effects: 30 Years Later
- Slime Time
- Filmmaker Commentaries
- Photo Gallery
Steelbook: Best Buy - $22.99
4K/3D Steelbook: Best Buy - $29.99
Carrie (1976): Amazon - $34.99
In this chilling adaptation of Stephen King's horror novel, withdrawn and sensitive teen Carrie White (Sissy Spacek) faces taunting from classmates at school and abuse from her fanatically pious mother (Piper Laurie) at home. When strange occurrences start happening around Carrie, she begins to suspect that she has supernatural powers. Invited to the prom by the empathetic Tommy Ross (William Katt), Carrie tries to let her guard down, but things eventually take a dark and violent turn.
- NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative (OCN)
- NEW interviews with writer Laurence D. Cohen, editor Paul Hirsch, actors Piper Laurie, P.J. Soles, Nancy Allen, Betty Buckley, William Katt, Edie McClurg, casting director Harriet B. Helberg and director of photography Mario Tosi
- NEW Horror's Hallowed Grounds – Revisiting The Film's Original Locations
- Acting Carrie - Interviews With Actors Sissy Spacek, Amy Irving, Betty Buckley, Nancy Allen, William Katt, Piper Laurie, Priscilla Pointer and P.J. Soles And Art Director Jack Fisk And Director Brian De Palma
- Visualizing Carrie - Interviews With Brian De Palma, Jack Fisk, Lawrence D. Cohen, Paul Hirsch
- A Look At "Carrie: The Musical"
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Carrie Franchise Trailer Gallery
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Still Gallery – Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos
- Stephen King And The Evolution Of Carrie Text Gallery
- Reversible wrap will includes original theatrical poster key art
The Thing (1982): Amazon - $21.99
In remote Antarctica, a group of American research scientists are disturbed at their base camp by a helicopter shooting at a sled dog. When they take in the dog, it brutally attacks both human beings and canines in the camp and they discover that the beast can assume the shape of its victims. A resourceful helicopter pilot (Kurt Russell) and the camp doctor (Richard Dysart) lead the camp crew in a desperate, gory battle against the vicious creature before it picks them all off, one by one.
- NEW 2K scan of the Inter-positive supervised and approved by director of photography Dean Cundey
- NEW 4.1 created from the original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo soundtrack
- NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Dean Cundey
- NEW The Men of Outpost 31 - interviews with Keith David, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney and more…
- NEW Assembling and Assimilation – an interview with editor Todd Ramsay
- NEW Behind the Chameleon – interviews with visual effects artists Peter Kuran and Susan Turner, special make-up effects artist Rob Burman and Brian Wade and more….
- NEW Sounds from the Cold – interviews with supervising sound editor David Lewis Yewdall and special sound effects designer Alan Howarth
- NEW Between the Lines – an interview with novelization author Alan Dean Foster
- Audio Commentary by director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
- John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – a documentary on the making of THE THING featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, special effects make-up designer Rob Bottin, legendary matte artist Albert Whitlock plus members of the cast and crew (80 minutes – SD)
- Outtakes (5 minutes - SD)
- Vintage featurettes from the electronic press kit featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell and Rob Bottin (12 minutes - SD)
- Vintage featurettes – The Making of a Chilling Tale and The Making of THE THING (1982 – 14 minutes - SD)
- Vintage Product Reel – contains a promotional condensed version of the film with additional footage not in the film (19 minutes - SD)
- Vintage Behind-the-Scenes footage (2 minutes - SD)
- Annotated Production Archive – Production Art and Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (48 minutes - SD)
- Network TV Broadcast version of THE THING (92 minutes - SD)
- Teaser Trailer & Theatrical Trailers (U.S. and German Trailer)
- TV spots & Radio Spots
- Still Gallery (behind-the-scenes photos, posters and lobby cards)
- AND MORE...
The Legend of Tarzan: Amazon - $24.99
4K: Amazon - $29.99
It has been years since the man once known as Tarzan (Skarsgård) left the jungles of Africa behind for a gentrified life as John Clayton III, Lord Greystoke, with his beloved wife, Jane (Robbie) at his side. Now, he has been invited back to the Congo to serve as a trade emissary of Parliament, unaware that he is a pawn in a deadly convergence of greed and revenge, masterminded by the Belgian, Captain Leon Rom (Waltz). But those behind the murderous plot have no idea what they are about to unleash.
- Tarzan Reborn - Featurette
- Battles and Bare Knuckled Brawls - Featurette
- Tarzan and Jane's Unfailing Love - Featurette
- Creating the Virtual Jungle - Featrette
- Gabon to the Big Screen - Featurette
- Stop Ivory PSA - Featurette
Blood Father: Amazon - $17.99
An ex-convict (Mel Gibson) and his estranged daughter (Erin Moriarty) go on the run from her drug-dealing boyfriend (Diego Luna) and his vicious cartel.
- Lost Souls: On the Road with Blood Father - Featurette
Nurse Jill: Amazon - $19.99
Jill Danvers is trying to put her life back together after her divorce. But someone is watching her; following her every move. Could it be the merciless rapist she's heard about in the news? Or the strange and beautiful woman she met on the train ride home one night? Soon Jill will have the answers as her world becomes a nightmare of violence and depravity. Why won't they leave Jill alone?
The Infiltrator: Amazon - $16.99
During the 1980s, DEA agent Robert Mazur uses his undercover alias "Bob Musella" to become a pivotal player for drug lords cleaning their dirty cash. Later, he infiltrates the world's largest cartels and helps discover the money-laundering organization of drug lord Pablo Escobar.
The Astro-Zombies: Amazon - $15.99
After being fired from the Space Agency, the disgruntled (not to mention crazy) Dr. DeMarco creates an Astroman from a criminal's dead body. However, he loses control of his creation, which goes on a killing spree, attracting the attention of an international spy ring and the CIA.
Ice Age: Collision Course: Amazon - $19.99
3D: Amazon - $24.99
4K: Amazon - $24.99
Manny the mammoth starts to worry when his daughter Peaches announces her engagement. Still unlucky in love, Sid the sloth volunteers to plan the couple's wedding. To Manny's dismay, nothing can stop the upcoming nuptials, except maybe the end of the world. When Scrat accidentally launches himself into outer space, he sets off a chain reaction that sends an asteroid hurtling toward Earth. Now, the entire herd must leave home to explore new lands and save itself from Scrat's cosmic blunder.
- "Scrat: Spaced Out Mini-Movie"
- "Ice Age: The Story So Far"
- "Scratasia: Scrat's Solo Adventures"
- "Mysteries of the Scratazons"
- "Star Signs of the Animal Kingdom"
- "The Science of It All: deGrasse Tyson deBunks"
- "Figaro Sing-along"
Bonus Disc: Target - $19.99