October 25th 2016
Halloween is less than a week away and today brings more horror to add to the library. Starting off our horror filled bluray Tuesday is Scream Factory's release of The Exorcist 3 with a new scan and bonus material. Severin releases Burial Ground with a new scan and bonus material as well. Burial Ground is a blind buy this week but I'm looking forward to checking out. Vinegar Syndrome is on a role this week releasing not one but four titles out for the first time on bluray: Deathrow Gameshow, Hobgoblins, Nightmare Sisters and double feature of Murder Weapon / Deadly Embrace. All four of these I'm unfamiliar with but sound super interesting. If anyone has seen this let us know what you think of them. Emma Roberts' (Scream Queens and American Horror Story) new thriller Nerve hits shelves today and is one of the two newest releases today. The newest big studio release film out today is David Sanberg's creepy and effective Lights Out, which also is produced by James Wan. Definitely a must buy this week for me, sadly no slip cover for this awesome release for those collectors like me that love a cool slipcover. Besides that I highly recommend checking this out. If you missed it we did review this title, you can check it out here. So what will you be buying, renting or skipping this week? Let us know in the comments and check out our Facebook and Instagram pages.We love the conversations and talking all things horror. Happy Halloween! Until next week.
The Exorcist 3: Amazon - $22.99
For more than fifteen years Police Lieutenant Kinderman (George C. Scott) has been haunted by the death of his friend Father Damien Karras. Now, on the 15th anniversary of the exorcism that claimed the priest's life, Kinderman's world is once again shattered when a boy is found decapitated and savagely crucified. It's just the beginning of a nightmare series of bizarre religious murders. The brutal murders bear the hallmarks of the infamous Gemini Killer…who died in the electric chair fifteen years earlier. But when a psychopath claiming to be the Gemini Killer reveals intimate, gruesome details that only the true killer could possibly know, Kinderman is confronted with a horrifying truth that he cannot explain…and that will shake him to the core.
Burial Ground (1981): Amazon - $20.99
The desecrated graveyard erupts with a ground swell of ravenous, rotting, flesh hungry zombies that shamble into the night in search of living human prey! On the adjoining grounds, a group of clueless, decadent socialites are enjoying a wild weekend retreat of debauchery. Among the the eccentric guest are a nympho mother and her freakish, incestuous son! Unfortunately for the guests, their isolated country villa lies directly in the path of the flesh-eating horde that have party plans of their own!
- New restored 2K scan with full shot by shot color correction
- English and Italian Language Audio Tracks
- Villa Parisi - Legacy of Terror – Featurette on the historic house location
- Peter Still Lives –Festival Q&A with actor Peter Bark
- Just for the Money – Interview with actor Simone Mattioli
- The Smell Of Death – Interviews with Producer Gabriele Crisanti and Actress Mariangela Giordano
- Deleted/ Extended Scenes/ Shots
- Theatrical Trailer
Lights Out: Amazon - $19.99
When Rebecca left home, she thought she left her childhood fears behind. Growing up, she was never really sure of what was and wasn't real when the lights went out…and now her little brother, Martin, is experiencing the same unexplained and terrifying events that had once tested her sanity and threatened her safety. A frightening entity with a mysterious attachment to their mother, Sophie, has reemerged. But this time, as Rebecca gets closer to unlocking the truth, there is no denying that all their lives are in danger…once the lights go out.
- Deleted Scenes
Nerve: Amazon - $19.99
Industrious high school senior Vee (Emma Roberts) is tired of living life on the sidelines. Pressured by friends to join the popular online game Nerve, Vee teams up with a sly and charming competitor (Dave Franco) for just one dare in what seems like harmless fun. But as Vee is caught up in the thrill of the adrenaline-fueled competition, the game takes a sinister turn with increasingly dangerous acts, leading Vee into a high-stakes finale that will determine her entire future.
- Watcher Mode:
- "Creating Nerve" - 15 Character Pods
- "The Fat Jewish Gets Tattewish" Outtakes
- "The Governor's Ball Takeover" – Social Media Stars in a Game of Dare
- Player Mode:
- "Do You Have the Nerve?" Game
- "Are You a Watcher or a Player?" Quiz
- Player Profiles
The ID: Amazon - $24.99
For decades, Meridith Lane (Amanda Wyss, A Nightmare on Elm Street) has felt trapped in her home. Thriving on memories of youth, she watches the years slip by while caring for her abusive father...until a figure from her past makes a surprising return. In order to live the life she desires, Meridith must confront her father's monstrous cruelty and attempt to escape his tyrannical grip. But the man who controls her every move won't let go without a fight, leading father and daughter into a series of desperate and irreversible acts.
- Needs, Wants & Desires - Featurette
- Behind The Scenes of The Id
- Feature-length commentary with director/producer Thommy Hutson and actress Amanda Wyss
- Deleted and alternate scenes
- Behind the scenes footage
- Audition footage,
- Original Trailers
- Photo gallery
Hobgoblins (1988): Amazon - $17.99
A young security guard must track down diminutive aliens who kill people even as they make their fantasies come true.
Manhattan Baby (1982): Amazon - $24.99
A young girl on vacation in Egypt is given a mysterious charm, causing her archeologist father to be struck blind inside an unexplored pyramid tomb. But when the family returns home to Manhattan, a plague of supernatural evil and sudden violence follows. Can this ancient curse be stopped before it is unleashed on the streets of New York City?
- Brand new 2K High Definition transfer from the original uncensored camera negative and all-new 5.1 Surround mix
- Exclusive Limited Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD, Soundtrack CD, bonus booklet, reversible sleeve, and special packaging
- Fulci & I – Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi (An Hour-Long Career Overview Of the Soundtrack Collaborations of Fabio Frizzi & Lucio Fulci)
- For The Birds – Interview with Star Cosimo Cinieri
- 25 Years With Fulci – Interview with Make-Up Effects Artist Maurizio Trani
- Beyond The Living Dead – Interview with Co-Writer Dardano Sacchetti
- Stephen Thrower on MANHATTAN BABY – Interview with the author of "Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci"
- "Manhattan Baby Suite" – Live Studio Performance by Fabio Frizzi
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- BONUS Collectable Booklet featuring new writing by author Troy Howarth
- BONUS CD – MANHATTAN BABY Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Fabio Frizzi
Nightmare Sisters (1988): Amazon - $17.99
Melody, Marci, and Mickey are three geeky college girls who can't get a date. One night, they invite some geeky college guys over and have a seance that results in the girls becoming possessed and turning into sex starved vamps. Will the geek hero guys be able to stop the horrible possession?
Murder Weapon / Deadly Embrace: Amazon - $17.99
Murder Weapon: Two daughters of mobsters get out of the sanitarium after having killed a boyfriend in the shower, supposedly cured and on the right track. They hold a party and invite all their old boyfriends, making all of them think there is still hope for a relationship. Then the boyfriends start disappearing one by one.
Deadly Embrace:A beautiful but horny and neglected Beverly Hills wife hires a hot young stud as a gardener. It eventually gets through to her husband that some hanky-panky may possibly be going on, and he begins to spy on her. Complications, and murder, ensue.
Deathrow Gameshow: Amazon - $17.99
Chuck Toedan's the host of a gameshow featuring death row convicts competeing in life-or-death contests in hopes of cheating the executioner or, at the very least, winning some nice prizes for their next of kin. Not surprisingly, Chuck has made more than a few enemies, from outraged viewers trying to ban his show, to families of losing contestants looking for revenge. A hitman hired by one such family has shown up at Chuck's office, and he'll need to enlist the help of his most outspoken critic to keep from ending up like most of his contestants
- The Impostor