Saturday, September 28, 2013

World War Z

1 of  7 viewers "Liked" "World War Z" (2013, USA)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

Bug - "My main issue with this movie was the zombies running around and screeching which was just too weird. Other than that I'd say it was lacking." - 1 Star

Ice Giant - "They basically paid brooks millions of dollars for the name "World War Z" because other then the name it has nothing in common with the book, they didn't even keep the zombies the same they changed them into crappy running zombies. I understand it's hard to make movies faithful to their books but to not even try was really a crappy move. People who haven't read the book or have never seen a proper Romero zombie movie might enjoy this but for someone like me who loves both it was a real let down." - 2 Stars

Lord Battle - "George Romero created perfect zombies in his trilogy, Resident Evil ruined them in their trilogy. WWZ chose to follow Resident Evil they just added raptor sounds and the ability to climb over each other. The climbing zombies was about as laughable and scary as a Sharknado." - 1 Star

Huntress - "Unimaginative, predictable and the "zeeks" sounded like something out of "Jurassic Park". All this movie did was make zombies laughable." - 1 Star

Book Wyrm - "I don't know if this was a dinosaur movie or a zombie one. Other than that the suspense of it all pulled me in to an otherwise dreary and unrealistic film." - 3 Stars

The Great Hornito - "I already hated zombie movies this movie didn't help me to change my mind. Leo should have won the bid." - 1/2 Star

Brewha - "Too long and too predictable." - 1 Star  



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*
The Overlook Theatre was pretty harsh on this film but I can't imagine fans of horror really enjoying this one. It broke a few common rules like having such a big star play the lead, or having zombies that no zombie fan could love. The noises they made came up a lot in the discussion after the film and it was pretty clear no one found it scary, in fact it became a source of laughter. It's strange the film started with what I thought was some pretty solid homage to past zombie films but I dislike this movie so much I refuse to go back and get references, sorry guess I'm a bad blogger tonight.
 - Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment