November 15th 2016
Bluray Tuesday returns! Next week is Black Friday week and Best Buy and Targets ads have been dropped a few days early. There are many great deals on blurays next week, so if you haven't checked them out they are posted on their respective sites. So back to this week, we have a few re-releases and new releases to add to our growing collections. Scream Factory releases an awesome edition of David Cronenberg's Dead Ringers that I'm excited to add to my collection. Scream Factory is on a roll with these releases. Next up is inde thriller Bachelor Games. I watched this earlier this year and for the most part enjoyed it. there are a few twists and the acting is okay but ending reveals kinda threw me off. I would recommend a watch. Finding Dory is one of the biggest releases today. I loved Finding Nemo and am definitely looking forward to this sequel. I missed it in theaters so it's a day one purchase for me. Target will carry a steelbook packaging that includes 4 lithographs and Best Buy's version will include an activity book. Star Wars Fans can get The Force Awakens 3D in a cool light up collectible packaging that looks pretty epic. Last but not least is the complete sixth season of Game Of Thrones, which is released a bit sooner than usual for its bluray and dvd releases. So what will you be buying, renting or skipping this week? Let us know in the comments and dont forget to follow our Instagram page. Until next week!
Dead Ringers: Amazon - $21.06
The Mantle brothers are both doctors - both gynecologists - and identical twins. Mentally however, one of them is more confident than the other, and always manages to seduce the women he meets. When he's tired of his current partner, she is passed on to the other brother - without her knowing. Everything runs smoothly, until an actress visits their clinic, and the shy brother is the first to fall in love. Will they be able to 'share' her ?
- NEW 2K Scan At The Director's Preferred Aspect Ratio (1.66:1)
- NEW Carey's Story – An Interview With Heidi Von Palleske
- NEW Working Artist – An Interview With Stephen Lack
- NEW Connecting Tissues – An Interview With Special Effects Artist Gordon Smith
- NEW Double Vision – An Interview With Director Of Photography Peter Suschitzky
- Vintage interviews With Jeremy Irons, Director/Co-writer David Cronenberg, Producer Marc Boyman And Co-writer Norman Snider
- Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Bachelor Games: Amazon - $19.99
The best man usually has a few tricks up his sleeve for the bachelor party, but in Bachelor Games, the groom has a deadly one of his own. Henry is getting married. So he rallies together his best man Leon, and his buddies Terence and Roy to head deep into the mountains of Argentina for an epic bachelor party trip. At their hotel in a remote village, they are surprised when Max, one of Henry’s oldest friends, shows up unexpectedly. The guys drink heavily and get down to the usual bachelor party business. Everyone seems to be having a good time, except for a few nasty outbursts from Max, who seems a bit unhinged. The next day, despite warnings from locals about a spirit protecting the mountain, the guys set off hiking. Shortly into the hike that nobody but Henry really wants to be on, tempers fray, old feuds reemerge, and Terence storms off. When the guys find his bloody shirt, they fear the worst. What actually happens is more terrifying than anyone — even Henry —could have imagined.
Cosmos: Amazon - $22.99
Witold who has just failed the bar, and his companion Fuchs, who has recently quit his fashion job, are staying at a guesthouse run by the intermittently paralytic Madame Woytis. Upon discovering a sparrow hanged in the woods near the house, Witold's reality mutates into a whirlwind of tension, histrionics, foreboding omens, and surrealistic logic as he becomes obsessed with Madame Woytis's daughter Lena, newly married to Lucien.
- Audio Commentary by historian Daniel Bird
- Booklet Essay by critic Glenn Kenny
- Introduction by Producer Paulo Branco and Andrzej Zulawski
- Making-of Featurette
- Video Essay by filmmaker David Cairns
- Theatrical and International Trailers
Finding Dory: Amazon - $19.99
3D: Amazon - $27.99
Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) is a wide-eyed, blue tang fish who suffers from memory loss every 10 seconds or so. The one thing she can remember is that she somehow became separated from her parents as a child. With help from her friends Nemo and Marlin, Dory embarks on an epic adventure to find them. Her journey brings her to the Marine Life Institute, a conservatory that houses diverse ocean species. Dory now knows that her family reunion will only happen if she can save mom and dad from captivity.
- Theatrical Short: "Piper" – A hungry sandpiper hatchling ventures from her nest for the first time to dig for food by the shoreline. The only problem is that the food is buried beneath the sand where scary waves roll up onto the shore.
- Marine Life Interviews (All-New Mini Short) – Meet the inhabitants of the Marine Life Institute as they remember our favorite blue tang.
- The Octopus That Nearly Broke Pixar – Pixar's "Team Hank" unravels the challenges, frustrations, and rewards of bringing to life the studio's crankiest and most technically complicated character ever.
- What Were We Talking About? – This piece showcases the complex routes Dory's story took as the filmmakers worked to construct a comprehensive narrative involving a main character with short-term memory loss.
- Casual Carpool – What's it like to commute with the voices of Marlin, Charlie, Bailey and Hank? Join "Finding Dory" writer/director Andrew Stanton as he drives Albert Brooks, Eugene Levy, Ty Burrell and Ed O'Neill to work.
- Animation & Acting – How do you create a connection between a human audience and a fish? This behind-the-scenes look behind the curtain examines the process of constructing believable performances through a unique collaboration between the director, voice actors and animators.
- Creature Features – The cast of "Finding Dory" share cool facts about the creatures they voice in the film.
- Deep in the Kelp – Disney Channel's Jenna Ortega guides us on a research trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to show how far the "Finding Dory" crew went to make Dory's world feel real.
- Skating & Sketching with Jason Deamer – "Finding Dory" character art director Jason Deamer talks about how he got to Pixar, how he draws the characters in the film, and how falling off a skateboard teaches you lessons you can use in art and life.
- Dory's Theme – A spirited discussion among the composer, music editor and director of "Finding Dory" about the musical elements that shape Dory's quirky and joyful theme.
- Rough Day on the Reef – Sometimes computers make mistakes. Here you'll see some of the funny, creepy and just plain bizarre footage the crew encountered while making "Finding Dory."
- Audio Commentary – Director Andrew Stanton, co-director Angus MacLane and producer Lindsey Collins deliver their personal perspective on "Finding Dory."
- Deleted Scenes (introduced by director Andrew Stanton)
Steelbook: Target - $27.99
Activity Book: Best Buy - $27.99
Game Of Thrones (Season Six): Amazon - $39.99
The most-watched series in HBO history and a worldwide TV phenomenon, Game of Thrones returns with another power season. This year, after the shocking developments at the end of Season 5 – including Jon Snow's bloody fate at the hands of Castle Black mutineers, Daenerys' near-demise at the fighting pits of Meereen, and Cersei's public humiliation in the streets of King's Landing – survivors from all parts of Westeros and Essos regroup to press forward, inexorably, towards their uncertain individual fates. Familiar faces will forge new alliances to bolster their strategic chances at survival, while new characters will emerge to challenge the balance of power in the east, west, north and south.
Bonus Disc: Target - $39.99
Steelbook: Best Buy - $44.99
Star Wars Episode VII 3D: Amazon - $29.99
Thirty years after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and his young allies face a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and the First Order.
- NEW Audio Commentary with J.J. Abrams – Enter the mind of visionary director J.J. Abrams as he reveals the creative and complex choices made while developing the first film in the new Star Wars trilogy.
- Foley: A Sonic Tale – Foley artists, consisting of old pros and new talent, unite to bring the world of Star Wars: The Force Awakens alive through the matching of sound to action.
- Sounds of the Resistance – Hear how the epic sound design of Star Wars: The Force Awakens moves the Star Wars legacy forward.
- Deleted Scenes – View never-before-shared scenes that didn't make the film's final cut.
- Dressing the Galaxy – Costume designer Michael Kaplan reveals how the costumes of the original Star Wars movies were re-envisioned for a new generation.
- The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper: A Conversation with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega – The two new stars share the thrill of working together on the adventure of a lifetime and becoming part of the Star Wars legacy.
- Inside the Armory – Take a fascinating tour through the design and creation of the weaponry in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from the April release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens include the complete story behind the making of the film, an unforgettable cast table read, insights from legendary composer John Williams, and deleted scenes, as well as features that dig deeper into the creation of new characters such as BB-8, the design of the climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren, the film's remarkable digital artistry, and the Star Wars: Force for Change global aid initiative.
Space Jam (Steelbook) : Amazon - $12.99
The Nerdlucks, a gang of space creatures, have been dispatched by their boss to kidnap Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes cohorts. Bugs challenges the aliens to a basketball tournament: if the Looney Tunes win, they'll remain on Earth. Bugs knows he needs some serious help, but basketball's best players are all having their skills "absorbed" by the aliens. Of course, there's a baseball player he happens to know.
The Jungle Book 3D: Amazon - $26.99
Raised by a family of wolves since birth, Mowgli (Neel Sethi) must leave the only home he's ever known when the fearsome tiger Shere Khan (Idris Elba) unleashes his mighty roar. Guided by a no-nonsense panther (Ben Kingsley) and a free-spirited bear (Bill Murray), the young boy meets an array of jungle animals, including a slithery python and a smooth-talking ape. Along the way, Mowgli learns valuable life lessons as his epic journey of self-discovery leads to fun and adventure.