April 4th 2017
The first Bluray Tuesday of April has arrived! Not a whole lot of releases this week. The biggest today is Rogue One: A Star Wars Story a prequel / sequel set in between episodes III and IV. I saw this in theaters and loved every moment of it. Definitely looking forward to episode VIII this coming December and they have plans to release Star Wars films throughout 2030! Best Buy will carry an exclusive steelbook edition of Rogue One. Target's exclusive will include a 3D disc, character cards in a digipack packaging. New droid K2-SO gets Walmart love as their versions will have an exclusive slipcover. So lots of Star Wars love today. On to the horror releases today are indie films Don't Kill It which looks pretty action horror and We Go On which is a supernatural drama horror film. Both have interesting premises and I look forward to seeing both of these. Scream Factory releases Invasion of the Bee Girls for the first time on bluray. I've never heard of this one and will check out in the near future. Last but not least is hilarious comedy film titled Office Christmas Party. If you want a good laugh this week I'd definitely recommend checking this out. So what will you buy, rent or skip this week? Let us know in the comments. Until next week!
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: Amazon - $19.99
Former scientist Galen Erso lives on a farm with his wife and young daughter Jyn. His peaceful existence comes crashing down when the evil Orson Krennic takes him away from his beloved family. Many years later, Galen is now the Empire's lead engineer for the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, the Death Star. Knowing that her father holds the key to its destruction, a vengeful Jyn joins forces with a spy and other resistance fighters to steal the space station's plans for the Rebel Alliance.
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM's John Knoll came up with the movie's concept – and why it's the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One's defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk's performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of "Rogue One" – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One's premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.
Steelbook: Best Buy - $24.99
Digipack 3D: Target - $27.99
K2-SO Slip: Walmart - $24.99
Don't Kill It: Amazon - $13.99
When an ancient demon is accidentally unleashed in a sparsely populated Mississippi town of Chickory Creek, their only hope of survival lies in the hands of a grizzled old demon hunter Jebediah Woodley and his reluctant partner FBI agent Evelyn Pierce.
We Go On: Amazon - $15.99
Miles Grissom is a video editor in Los Angeles who lives with an excessive fear of death that keeps him alone, afraid, and stuck in his life. When he comes into some inheritance money, he places a newspaper advertisement offering a reward to the first person who can show him a ghost, a demon, a past-life memory – anything to prove we go on after we die – in the hopes that having certainty will allow him to live free of his anxieties. He sorts through the thousands of responses to arrive at three viable candidates: a science professor, a local medium working in a Mexican restaurant, and a worldly entrepreneur. Charlotte, Miles’s protective mother, joins him on his quest, and they embark on an adventure through Los Angeles – one that will spiral into a hellish nightmare.
Office Christmas Party: Amazon - $17.99
When an overbearing CEO (Jennifer Aniston) decides to close her hard-partying brother's failing branch, he (T.J. Miller) and his fired up co-workers (Jason Bateman, Olivia Munn, Kate McKinnon) decide to throw an epic office party to land a big shot client and save everyone's jobs. Fueled by booze and bad decisions, things quickly spiral out-of-control in one of the craziest nights of their lives.
- Unrated Version of the film
- Theatrical Version of the film
- Audio Commentary by directors Josh Gordon & Will Speck
- Throwing an Office Christmas Party
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973): Amazon - $17.99
A G-man (William Smith) finds two women (Victoria Vetri, Anitra Ford) have created an army of beauties who seduce men to death.
Paterson: Amazon - $14.99
Paterson (Adam Driver) is a hardworking bus driver in Paterson, N.J., who follows the same routine every day. He observes the city and listens to fragments of conversations while picking up and dropping off his passengers. Paterson also writes heartfelt poems in a notebook, walks his dog and drinks one beer in a bar after his shift is over. Waiting for him at home is Laura (Golshifteh Farahani), his beloved wife who champions his gift for writing.
- The Impostor